Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Face Lift/Brow Lift Cosmetic Surgery


As I stated in my face surgery post, my experience with a brow lift, I think not knowing what to expect during and after surgery was the most upsetting. Also, I was never forewarned about the long-term affects.

1. Ask Questions
2. Make sure your doctor is experienced and certified
3. Read up on the surgery.

During my experience I learned the extent of the incision and the long term affect of the numbness on top/sides of my head. Yes, I still have numbness after 8 years. Also you can feel the suture knots and they are occasionally tender. On and around the scar line I have lost hair. Not that I had a lot to begin with :(


A brow lift or forehead lift smoothes out the forehead, while raising the eyebrows and reducing the frown lines. It is the least complicated, less painful of all cosmetic surgeries. A brow lift erases the effects of aging and leaves a smoother younger appearance.



A face lift or rhytidectomy is a procedure that removes excess fat, tightening facial muscles and readjusting the facial skin. A face lift maybe done in combination with other facial procedures, such as a brow lift, eyelid, nose or neck lift cosmetic surgery. A face lift is highly individualized and unique to your bone structure, skin texture and underlying muscle tone. It does not improve skin texture, although it can be in conjunction with a laser or chemical peel.

A face lift takes several hours to complete and the incisions begin above the hairline at the temple, go behind the ear and end behind the earlobe in the lower scalp. The skin is separated from the underlying fat and pulled back. Excess skin will be removed. Dressing are applied to decrease bruising and swelling. Vigorous activity should be avoided for at least two weeks for both a face and blow lift

You may shower once the bandages are removed, but be very careful when you wash your hair. Do not brush or comb your suture area. You will need to make a routine follow-up visit, including removal of your stitches. A couple weeks most of your bruising and swelling should go down and you can return to your normal activities. Please avoid direct sun exposure post-op to protect your skin and maintain your results.

After 8 years, I still have a smooth forehead. Despite what I have experienced above, I am still happy with the results of my brow lift cosmetic surgery.

3 comments:

  1. A face-lift is a procedure that can help restore the young look by selectively canceling out those features which signify age. Always choose a doctor who has experience and with whom you are comfortable. Visit here to know more about doctors and different procedures http://www.asiasbestdoctors.com/specialty_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. few weeks ago i left some pains and i want to the hospital my doc told me i had HPV about 1 year and i need to start the treatment early he gave me some medicine to be taking and i told him no i will not because i hated taking medicine when i wont not see cure for the purpose after i got home i started getting worried searching for strong advice and i found valid natural treatment online lot people says they got HPV cure from Dr onokun and i email Dr onokun 3 days passed i purchase his cure online some weeks after the process taking his treatment i got cured i went for checkup twice after taking the natural treatment from the herbalist called Dr onokun and i tested negative contact him on email :Dronokunherbalcure@gmeil.com

    ReplyDelete